Saturday, January 16, 2016

Review: Trim Healthy Mama Coobook



I love cookbooks. I love the way they look, I love the way they feel. I even love shelf reading the 641 section at the library. OK, that last part may not be entirely true, but I always leave with cookbooks in arm when they are my shelf reading territory.  I am always excited to augment my collection, and Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook is an exceptional addition.

My first impression of Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook: This is a big, beautiful book stuffed with fantastic looking recipes and an abundance of color photos.  I love that the authors, Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison, say in the introduction that their serving sizes are suggestions only - they don't judge! I also love that they indicate the recipes that use "ordinary" ingredients with 'NSI' at the bottom of the page (just a quick glance is needed).  That's not to say these are "few ingredient" recipes: the results of your hard work will be robustly flavored meals.

I feel there are recipes included to satisfy any taste. My daughter has chosen to follow a vegan lifestyle so I was excited to see things we could make for her, too, such as Asian Sesame Tofu Toss. YAY!! Something besides a boring salad or sweet potato to serve her.  I'm also looking forward to the Green Fries made of green beans. I also appreciate that the authors include directions for different cooking methods in some recipes: for example, directions for cooking spaghetti squash in a pressure cooker, a crockpot, and an oven are given.

This is really a great book that delivers healthy options for all tastes.

Click here to purchase on Amazon.com


* Thanks to Blogging for Books for my free review copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment