Sunday, May 8, 2016

I Quit Sugar - Uniquely Unexpected




Ever since my daughter a vegan way of life, I've been struggling with trying to eat healthier. As much as I love animals, I can't be as dedicated as she is. No way (although I completely respect her and others who are). Sugar is an ingredient I seem to be especially addicted to. When I ordered I Quit Sugar, Sarah Wilson's new cookbook, I expected mostly desserts with non-sugar sweeteners. Silly of me, perhaps, but that's what I thought.  What arrived was a really good-sized book filled with unique recipes for meals and snacks throughout the day.

While a part of me is disappointed this is not contain solely desserts, there are so many really fantastic sounding dishes that this book is still exciting for me (and, yes, plenty of desserts, too). Just some of the 306 recipes included are savory yogurts (yep - savory!), Slice 'n' Bake Miso Butter Biscuits, and Sweet Potato Nachos.  Wilson includes lots of beautiful photos ( a definite must for cookbooks in my opinion) and the recipes look easy enough even for beginners like me.

While there are many recipes that I won't be interested in, there are at least an equal number that look fantastic and I'm eager to try. Don't be confused by my introduction - this is definitely not suitable for vegan lifestyles - plenty of meat and dairy are included in these dishes. But I Quit Sugar is definitely a great addition to the cookbook collection of people who are looking for healthier diets.

Click here to purchase from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment