Tuesday, June 28, 2016

God Bless America: A Patriotic Coloring Book Review



I have learned a lot about adult coloring since my first coloring book review.  For instance, I now know that you take the pages out of the book before you color them!  The Professional Adult Colorist uses a guillotine to do this. I also know of several different techniques to shade and produce other types of effects. Cool!

I was sent a copy of God Bless America: A Patriotic Coloring Book by Blogging for Books in order to review. First of all, this is a nice, substantial book. The cover is beautiful and the pages are thick. The thick pages provide a soft surface that is great for pencils and will help keep some markers from bleeding through (I would use cardboard or some other protection underneath though). The designs are not as "busy" or complex as in some adult coloring books. I really like these simpler designs by Multnomah - I think the really tiny areas are a little frustrating. Each page has part of a patriotic quote or line from a song which are uplifting. An unexpected bonus is the inclusion of a little history about the quote used on the back of each page. That is a lovely touch. The only negative thing I can see is that the animals on some of the pages are really cartoonish...that really isn't negative!

This is a really great coloring book that I think older adults will especially love (due to the less complicated designs).  I would definitely seek out more by this author.


Click here to purchase at Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment